Information, care coordination, and financial assistance
Children with chronic illness, a disabling condition, or a developmental delay may qualify for special health care services supported or coordinated by state agencies.
Programs for children age 5 and under include:
- A hearing program that includes services and hearing aids
- Nutritional supplements for select medical conditions
- Oral health and orthodontic programs
- Financial assistance for treatments, therapies, services, medication, and equipment
- Purchase of blood products for children with hemophilia or other blood clotting disorders
- Care assistance for children with sickle cell disease
The SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) can connect families to services and may be able to cover some costs.